Sunday, September 14, 2008

Still Happening?!?

I was sitting at my computer looking at youtube videos and I noticed one concerning Native Americans and hurricane Gustav.  I started watching this video and was appalled by what it said.  It was talking about how a Native American tribe or reservation had been literally wiped out by the hurricane and was receiving little to no help from FEMA.  The video went on to talk about how FEMA claimed it was not nationally noticed so help would take longer.  You can watch the video for yourself.  
After I was finished watching this outrageous video I began asking myself why stuff like this is still going on?  It is ridiculous.  How can people be so blind in thinking the color of one's skin or one's rationality should entitle or not entitle them to help when in a life-threatening situation?  I am sure if the situation was switched FEMA would be pretty pissed off too.  It really just blows my mind that all of this racism and stuff with Native Americans is still going on.  If I were a Native American, I probably would not even want to be living in the same country as us.

No comments: